- Earn an Associate’s degree or certificate—for free!
- Complete your Bachelor’s Degree—for free!
- Pay nothing for tuition, fees, or e-books – a savings of at least $20,000!
- Open to eligible SEIU members and their families1
- Choose from several online programs offered by Eastern Gateway Community College (EGCC)2 and Central State University (CSU)3
Your college degree is within reach!
Federal, state, and employer grants don’t always cover the full cost of earning a degree online. SEIU is proud to partner with Eastern Gateway Community College and Central State University to help eligible students fill the financial gap.
Associate’s Degree or Certificate
EGCC welcomes anyone with a high school diploma or GED regardless of past academic performance. Associate’s degrees or certificates available in:
- Business Management (with certificates in Advertising, Cyber Security, Data Science, Digital and Social Media, Entrepreneurship, Finance, General Management, Healthcare Management, Hospitality, Human Resources, Information Systems, Labor Studies, or Programming and Development)
- Criminal Justice
- Teacher Education
- Individualized Study
- Patient Home Navigator4
- Healthcare Administration (Associate of Arts)
- Healthcare Services
- Paralegal Certificate
Eligible SEIU members and family members may also enroll in other online programs at EGCC such as Medical Coding, Health Information Management, IT, Fire Science and more, but students may be required to pay for the strict industry-recognized content for some courses.
Bachelor’s degrees5 available in:
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Education – Early Childhood Education
- Education – Intervention Specialist
- Interdisciplinary Studies/Humanities
Read our Frequently Asked Questions or call 1-855-469-SEIU (7348) toll free to talk to an advisor.
See below to enroll in either the Associate’s or Bachelor’s degrees or the Certificate program and receive your SEIU Free College Benefit:
- Register or sign in to your SEIU Member account and click Get Started.
- Complete the online CSU or EGCC application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit any required verification. Any grant award must be applied to tuition, fees and e-book charges. CSU’s school code is 003026 and EGCC’s school code is 007275.
- Verify that you have received a high school diploma or equivalent by having official transcripts sent to either CSU6or to EGCC.
That’s it! The SEIU Free College Benefit covers the difference between any federal, state, or employer education grants you receive and the cost of tuition, fees, and e-books.
Take the next step toward your future—apply now!