Pursuant to the FY-20 provisions of the Negotiated Agreement between SEIU, Local 400 and the Board of Education of Prince George’s County Public Schools, full-time and part-time (benefit eligible) employees shall receive:
- 2% Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) effective July 1, 2019.
- 1% One-time Bonus for all employees in the unit as of November 30, 2019 (to be paid December 13, 2019)
- All eligible full-time and part-time (benefit eligible) employees hired prior to December 31, 2018, with an anniversary date of October 1, shall receive a step increase effective October 1, 2019.
- All eligible full-time and part-time (benefit eligible) employees hired prior to June 30, 2019, with an anniversary date of April 1, shall receive a step increase effective April 1, 2020.
- Employees hired after June 30, 2019, are not eligible for the FY-20 step. Employees who received an unsatisfactory evaluation for FY-19 (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019) are not eligible for the FY-20 step increase. Employees who are in a “frozen” salary status are not eligible for this FY-20 step increase.
In addition to the FY-20 provisions outlined above, all full-time and part-time (benefit eligible) employees meeting all of the following criteria will be eligible to receive a “Salary Longevity” step increase effective July 1, 2019:
- Must be in a position for which SEIU is the identified bargaining unit as of July 1, 2019
- Must have been in a full-time/part-time (benefit eligible) position as of June 30, 2009
- Must have had no break in service from June 30, 2009, to July 1, 2019; and
- Must be on Step 19* or below as of June 30, 2019.
*Those on Step 20 as of June 30, 2019, (meeting the eligibility criteria outlined above) will receive a 1% annual differential for the time period of July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020.
The adjustments effective July 1, 2019, (i.e., COLA and “Salary Longevity” step) will be viewable in Oracle Self Service on or after July 3, 2019, and will be reflected on the July 12, 2019 pay date.
As always, employees are encouraged to access Oracle Self-Service, Annual Salary menu line, to view current salary, grade, and step information. All questions should be addressed to the Office of Compensation and Classification via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.